We’re looking for an ambitious middleweight designer with great creative ideas, a fantastic work ethic and good technical skills. You’ll have at least 3 year’s solid experience or more behind you and will be looking for your next challenge.
The ability to follow a creative brief and take constructive criticism is crucial.
- Job Title Designer (Middleweight)
- Location You’ll be based with our team in Swansea or London but we’re flexible about how you work with us
- Salary Circa £25,000 - £32,000 (Depending on location & experience)
- Reporting to Managing Director, James Good
- Hours Full Time / Part Time
- Contract Permanently Employed
- Probation 3 months
- Deadline 05/05/2019
- Use design thinking to improve the effectiveness of our clients’ work.
- Design across traditional and digital media, sharing our belief that good design is media agnostic.
- Work on brand identities and demonstrate how they’ll manifest in the real world.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the team to design interesting, relevant and captivating marketing literature to help deliver our clients’ commercial objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the team to design websites and digital communications, paying attention to the requirements of the brand as well as those of the users.
- Create business stationery and templates in Office 365.
- Produce artwork and files that support the best quality outputs from our suppliers – work with them to ensure quality is never compromised.
- Work with the team to increase the effectiveness of all communications.
- Support the sales process by assisting with proposals and credential documents.
- Work with the MD to develop skills and identify further commercial opportunities.
- And anything else that is agreed.
- At least 3 years experience.
- Good technical skills.
- Immense potential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to understand and follow a brief.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to inject personality into designs.
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Confidence in work produced.
- Working Environment: Very comfortable London and Swansea offices.
- Hardware: Apple Macbook Pro / iMac.
- Software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Daylite CRM, GoToMeeting.
- Support: Direct support from the MD.
- Professional Associations: Design Business Association (dba), Chartered Society of Designers (csd), Institute of Directors (IoD)
Working with us you’ll access variety, building a portfolio of many different projects and experiences. Our clients are movers and shakers, ambitious companies, tech leaders, financial institutions, manufacturers – leaders in their fields. We actively seek and attract interesting clients who want to grow and are open to change.
You’ll help us to improve marketing effectiveness for our clients – helping them achieve their commercial objectives through design and hopefully collecting a cabinet full of DBA Design Effectiveness Awards along the way!
We are small team and you’ll have the opportunity to bring new ideas, influence the way the business grows and shape your own destiny. As well as a warm welcome, you can expect a lovely office environment, flexible working hours and plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and learn something new.
If you like people who call a spade a spade and believe that little details make a big difference we could work well together. We love corners that haven’t been cut and individuals who are open to change. We’re optimistic and believe that in partnership, we can achieve great things.
If you think we could be just what you’re looking for, please apply.
Please email your CV, demonstrating how your skills, experience and personality fit the bill to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies - please don’t bother. It doesn’t matter that you’re not like other agencies / prepared to slash your prices / absolutely amazing … we’re not interested and you’ll be wasting your time.